Monday, March 7, 2011

Dinner

This Sunday I made dinner for the sibs.  A pretty basic menu--roasted chicken, spinach, and rice.  Oh and my famous molasses cookies (recipe to follow). 

For the chicken breasts, I seasoned both sides with salt and pepper and browned them in a cast iron skillet at medium high with a little olive oil for approximately 4 minutes per side.  Then I put the entire skillet in a 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes.  Maybe a little long, yes, but I'm not about to eat undercooked chicken.  I topped it with a simple compound butter composed of butter (real surprise, right?), lemon zest, olive oil, salt, garlic, and rosemary. Voila.  Pretty simple and very flavorful.  I smeared some of the butter on the chicken about 10 minutes before it finished cooking, and then added more right before serving. 

2 comments:

  1. Were they a little greasy? Just wondered. It sounds very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, they weren't greasy. Good question. But yes they were good. ;)

    ReplyDelete